Child Rights and Responsibilities
- Your child has a right to the best possible education. It is PICAs goal to provide every child with a developmentally appropriate program to promote intellectual, social, emotional, and physical growth and development.
- Children with disabilities have the right to participate in all program activities to the fullest extent possible.
- You have a right to be involved in your childs education. At PICA, parents are seen as the primary educators of their children. We need your input and involvement and encourage you to become involved in whatever way you can!
- Please make an effort to get to know your childs Teachers and keep informed of your childs progress.
- You have the right, and the responsibility, to communicate your questions, comments, and concerns about your childs classroom experiences to your childs Teachers.
- You will be asked for your input in creating an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and Transition Portfolio for your child. Please assist us in this important part of your childs education.